Monday, January 29, 2007

craft/gift idea


these are some gift tag favors from a baby shower I helped with recently--hi Brianna!! They are so easy and fun (Lindsey coached me through). Here's the step by step--1. Buy various gift tags from Staples 2. Dip them in a strong tea (I used four tea bags with 1.5 cups of water) 3. Let them dry overnight 4. Stamp them with some cute stamps--use a brown stamp pad (very important!) 5. rub a lttle glitter glue over the top 5. Place in a cellophane bag 6. Amaze your friends and family!
Isn't this a great idea for teachers or when you have to buy mutiple small gifts? It would be cute to find a nice box and get some fun ribbon, paper, scotch tape and scissors. I love a "theme" gift. Brianna's shower was a blast--I'm sure the favors are what really brought everyone together :) Or it could have been the ice cream sundaes!

3 comments:

Brianna Heldt said...

Lisa these tags are SO CUTE! I was quite impressed when Lindsey told me you made them, though not surprised because it's you. :) (I'm so glad you were at my shower even though I felt like we didn't get to chat much--maybe it was because I was busy stuffing my face full of ice cream?)

Ellen said...

Oooh, those are fun. Thanks for all the tips. They look like a Martha Stewart creation.

Kristen Borland said...

yes, i loved those tags too. but i have to say, i was also super impressed with the ice cream sundaes. what a great idea for a shower!