Friday, October 26, 2007

Hold hands with me...


Wow, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Matty really turned a corner yesterday with his nasty cold. David is feeling much better today, thank goodness! We visited our pediatrician yesterday. I apologized to him for a second visit in one week. I told I feel like I am so in the middle of taking care of David that I lose objectivity and it's really hard for me to tell whether he getting better or worse! He set David's chart down, turned and looked at me and said, " Don't ever think you are wasting my time. David is a unique kid and needs special attention. We have to stay on top of any health issues he has." So of course, I was tearing up. I am so thankful for good doctors, who really love my boys. I am so thankful for a husband who helps me and lets me vent when I am exhausted and for friends who love and support us. This blog has been the perfect way to connect while I've been holed up in the house with sick kiddos. Thanks for walking this journey with me. We all need to hold hands and help each other out.

***I updated the handmade brass, vintage & beaded designs link to the right. I was having so much FUN last night with these vintage pieces!!!

16 comments:

Lisa Leonard said...

I am working on offering leather cuffs in Nov. I used pink stitching to contrast the brown leather. Cute, huh?!

Danielle said...

That is awesome.. Love Love Love it. Can we see what it looks like on? Very unique. And love the saying

Kristen Borland said...

leather too?! i want to see a pic with it on you too.

Jamie Lynn said...

Hi Lisa! I just wanted to pop in and say hi again! My mom (in Vegas) LOVES her "GRAMMY" necklace! Thanks a ton! I just wanted to let you know that I posted an Inspiration Award in your honor on my blog! I have been so inspired by your creativity and your love of your boys! I would love to run a successful company someday (maybe I'll actually try and market my photography...ha!). You are truly an inspiration! Thanks! I'd love for you to pass it on and see what inspires YOU!
Jamie H (AZ)

Unknown said...

Insanely beautiful. Love the leather cuff. Love it too much. Love you!

Ellen said...

David, we love you so much and just want to be sure you are well. Can't wait to snuggle with you.

Rays Family said...

Praying for you and the little men tonight Lisa, your boys are so lucky to have such an awesome Mommy.

Anne

Rays Family said...

I guess I'll need one of these too! lol

Anne

Jill Duarte said...

hi lisa! i'm a friend of chrissie's and have been visiting your blog for quite some time. i absolutely love your creativity and passion in what you do. the cuff is way cute. i'm so sorry to hear about your boys. i get so sad when i hear about sick kids. i have 4 kiddos. i too am passionate about what i do. my business is called "the healthy family". blog to come soon :-)let me know if you ever want to talk about methods i've learned for keeping my family well or killing a cold fast. my email is jill@thehealthyfamily.org

Simply Me Art said...

Beautiful Work. Your blog is Wondeful.Jamie

lindsey said...

love LOVE the cuff! i've got to think what i want mine to say....? i'll be ordering soon - what's the price?

Kristen said...

The leather is AWESOME!!!

It feels so good when you have a dr who is caring, understanding, and supportive. Praying for you all to get well!

Larissa said...

I'm so glad you have such a good doctor. What a huge difference that makes. Big hugs to you.

michele said...

Hey Lisa, sorry you've been having a couple of rough weeks! That sounds really hard. I'm glad the boys seem to be getting better. And, I'm so glad you blog...I think about you all the time and always look forward to hearing what you're up to!

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!
:)
You are lucky to have such a caring pediatrician. Ben's doc is the same way.

Kristen =) said...

I love the Leather Cuff.... I can't wait to see these for sale!