Saturday, October 20, 2007

a hoedown and a small breakdown

We had a fun, though short time at the hoedown. Matty had a a blast throwing his cowboy hat like a frisbee and yelling 'YeeHAW!!'. David got some great snuggles and cruised around to visit and make friends. We had amazing hambugers and lots of cookies.




Once we got home and the boys were in bed I had a mini-breakdown that included tears and strong feelings of 'I cannot change ONE MORE diaper or wipe ONE MORE boogie nose! I cannot pick up ONE MORE toy or do ONE MORE dish!' Steve let me sleep in this morning and woke me up to chocolate chip pancakes and coffee And he did the dishes. I am feeling a little more like myself this morning--and grateful for an understanding husband! On today's adgenda--let the house be messy, Target therapy, date night tonight. Maybe a load of laundry, if I can squeeze it in.

13 comments:

Sugar Plum Invitations said...

Lisa, I'm so glad you were able to sleep in and rest! You're an awesome mom! Enjoy date night tongiht. Thank goodness for understanding husbands! love- b

Unknown said...

You make a cute bunch of cowboys and cowgirl. Rest and recooperate. Sounds like you need a break.

Sarah Markley said...

Sounds like my perfect day. I already had my Target therapy for today. =)

Karen said...

What a great guy your husband is. I am a believer in Target therapy!

Larissa said...

So glad I'm not the only one that has those break downs. =)

The hoe down looked like fun. I love Matty's frisbee/hat. =)

Jeannett said...

Hang in there...I too went to Target today! Dang, they're making a killing off all of us girls!!! Looks like it was fun hoedown!

Hayley said...

I love the idea of Target therepy! There really isn't any better place! I recieved the neclace you sent, and just wanted to say thankyou. It is so perfect,and you didn't need to send those earrings! Thankyou so much and I hope you have a better day!

Unknown said...

oh those cowboys are so cute!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME BRACELET FOR MY MOTHER IN LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE GOT IT TODAY, HER BIRTHDAY,(she loved loved loved it ) AND SO WE ARE SO VERY THANKFUL FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND YOUR GORGEOUS JEWELRY! GOD HAS BLESSED YOU WITH SUCH TALENT, AND IT BLESSED US TODAY! hugs Amy H.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Thanks for the visit! Love those spoons! What a great idea.

owen,tania,caleb,thaddeus, gideon,hannah said...

what an adorable family you are!!We don't have target here in Canada but when i visited Colorado, i did Target therapy too...hope it helps...and rest assured, every momma out there has had one of your "mini meltdowns"

Denise said...

i appreciate your honesty. and think it is wonderful that your hubby gave you the room to melt down. michael does the same, i am so glad i do not have to do this parenting thing alone.
i will likely have a melt down in a few weeks (after our churches hoe down - which i am coordinating) i'll keep "target therapy" in mind, and chocolate chip pancakes :-)

Tasha said...

Oh, I know that feeling, you are doing ok and then WHAM- the thought of one more ounce of domestic drudgery, even though you LOVE these people, is enough to send you over...

Your husband sounds like a prince!

Kelly said...

It is so hard to take time for ourselves. I love the sound of "Target Therapy!" LOL Sometimes going to the grocery store for me (alone) is like that! Hang in there!