Friday, March 2, 2007

night person, morning person




David is definitely a night person and Matthias is a morning person. The other night, David stayed up until 2:30, playing in his crib, pulling to a stand, and laughing--then he slept in until I woke him up to take Matty to school. Matthias crashes at about 8:30 or 9pm and is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 6:30am. After Steve puts Matthias down in the evening, he snuggles with David on the couch so I can make jewelry. David was being so cute and silly the other night (see pic)! Steve was giving him kisses and he loved it!

Matthias seems to be having some sensory issues--talking really loud or becoming overstimulated in a new social setting. It has me a little worried. This morning we are going to a tea party and there will be a lot of kiddos. Kids he knows, but it's a new setting...so we'll see how it goes!

5 comments:

annie said...

hey

Unknown said...

David has the best smile. I am praying for you and Matty about the sensory overload. I know you're worried. I know God already has it figured out.
I love you!

michele said...

Natty is a morning person too. He is ready to go by 6 am these days and it is driving me crazy!!! We don't usually go to sleep until midnight so I am so tired all the time. He also gets overwhelmed in higly stimulating environments. I've been thinking he may just be an introvert. Could that be the case with Matty?

Brianna Heldt said...

I'm sorry you're worried about Matty. Being a mom is so hard. You guys are all so precious!!!

Ellen said...

Remember when I was a little kid? I wouldn't join in, would watch everything from the stairs? Now I am an extrovert, often the first to join in. I think little kids don't always understand what's going on around them. New experiences are great for any kid, but sometimes he doesn't know what to make of them. Love you!