Monday, April 30, 2007

the little brown dress


I came across this website the other day. it is by a woman who wore the same brown dress everyday for a year. She actually made the dress herself. She did it to fight consumerism and be friendly to the environment. She shows pictures of all the darling outfits she put toether throughout the year. I find the idea very intriguing! I'm not that extreme--but I like the idea of living simply. Check it out at littlebrowndress.com

South Beach diet update--I'm hungry!! I'm not a real meat and cheese kinda girl, so I hit my limit before I get really full. This morning for breakfast I had eggs, sliced tomato (with fresh basil and mozzarella cheese) and turkey sausage. I couldn't even eat the sausage. It grossed me out! (I haven't used that phrase since Jr. High!!) I'm hoping my body will adjust in the next day or so. I crave fruit and sweets and bread. I'm trying to hang in there!!

4 comments:

Brianna Heldt said...

Wow that brown dress thing is awesome! I've been thinking a bit lately about consumerism, what should I spend money on and what I should save on to give more money away. In fact just last night I started a blog post about the whole concept. Interesting stuff to talk/think about for sure.

As for the diet, I am sorry! Maybe if you stick with it for awhile you'll stop craving that other stuff??? (Did you at least get to have the cake last night??)

erika said...

Yea! Let's do it. It can be like our mom's version of a school uniform. If we all do it, it will be cool right? :) But it might look a tad communist. We should all pick a different fabric. I call beige!

Ellen said...

What a unique project. I find it interesting that her coworkers did not notice she wore the same thing every day. If they are so engrossed in fashion you think they would be critical of what everyone wore.

Hang in there with your diet. Change is tough. You've taught your brain and stomach certain eating habits. It will take some time to learn new ones.

Karen said...

Good luck with the diet. No words of advice - I'm a carbaholic myself...