Thursday, March 13, 2008

*sigh*

After the kids are bathed and tucked in Steve and I pop a movie in, dish up some ice cream and work on email. I usually sneak in and check on the boys after a half hour or so. They always looks so sweet asleep in their beds. The day is done, the busyness can wait until tomorrow. All the small things that seemed so frustrating earlier melt away and I see these little people in a new light. Precious little boys who have been given to me to care for. I almost *almost* want to wake them up to give them one more hug and tell them that I love them more than they know. To tell them that I am so, so blessed! But instead I just linger for a moment to take in their sweetness.

14 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

love that picture of sweet David!!

Kristen said...

sweet picture :o) I could stand for a long time just watching my kids sleep - it is such a peaceful time, a time to let all the craziness of the day slip away and just be filled with love for your kids

Ellen said...

David you are too, too, too much.

Laura and the family said...

Ahhh, that's a sweet picture :-)

D@nielle said...

I have that too, they looks so peacefull then you want to pick them up and hug them but you're afraid to wake them too. He looks adorable.

michelle said...

"The day is done, the busyness can wait until tomorrow." This is a beautiful quote that goes with a great photo!

Anonymous said...

There are fewer things more precious than watching a baby or a child, sleeping.

Sophie said...

Ah...our peaceful babes, fast asleep...nothing sweeter for a Mommy's eyes than that sight.

Sarah Markley said...

I love his little hands like that!

Carolina Mama said...

precious! and love the conf. retail. nice pieces. they do grow quickly too. glad you're taking it all in. have fun in santa b. :)

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean. I often wish that I could carry that feeling into the next busy morning.
I have this sinking feeling that one day I will be elderly, thinking back on all of these busy days in exactly that same way, wishing I could tiptoe in and wake them up, convincing myself that if they were young again, if I were young again, I really WOULD wake them up, this time.

But still, tonight I let them sleep...

Anonymous said...

p.s. I gave you a link today...
The necklaces you made for us at Christmas are gorgeous. Thank you.

Unknown said...

*sigh* What an angel.

angie said...

Sweet. I also watch my boyfriend and dog sleeping. It too, is peaceful....